Photographing Newborn Twins – Hugo & Jules baby photos
I photographed Hugo and Jules last year, they were so tiny and adorable. Their newborn session took place at their home as with twins the parents felt more comfortable with this. In their home they had a a large window with lots of natural light coming in, this was perfect as I use natural light for home newborn sessions. Most newborn sessions are photographed in my studio but if you are looking for a home session I can do so with an extra travel charge. I loved the colours the parents chose and the cute little hats! I took a selection of props with me in the colours that they had asked and then they went through and picked their favourites.
Photographing newborn twins can be quite tiring as its twice as much work but its so rewarding! Look at these two little newborn boys they were sleepy dream babies and luckily slept most of the way though with quite a few little feeds in between.
Things to Think about when looking for a photographer
- Where are they located? Most people don’t want to drive too far with a newborn. This depends on how you feel although I do get people drive over an hour to get to me sometimes.
- Do they know how to work safely with babies, have they had training? Newborn photography is a skilled that is learnt over time, it’s a lot harder than it looks. I have been to various newborn photography workshops which have taught me so much of what I know now. You need to be confident and know what you are doing when posing newborns. Their safety should be the photographers priority.
- Do you like their style? Newborn photographers have many different styles and often stick to it and may not feel comfortable is you ask them to do something they have never done before. Look at their portfolios and if you decide you love it, go with them.
- Do you want a studio or home session? Some mums may have had a C-section and will not be up for travelling a long way and want to be in the comfort of their own home. So think about where you would like the newborn session.
- Are they ensured? Every photographer should be ensured! I have professional liability and indemnity insurance.
- Have you checked the photographers pricing? Make you know exactly whats included and there isn’t any hidden pricing anywhere.
Hugo & Jules
Here is a few of my favourite photos from Hugo and Jules newborn photoshoot, I hope you like them 🙂
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEWBORN PACKAGE WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT WITH ME?
Feel free you give me a call or email if you are looking for newborn baby photos in London. If you would like to pop into my studio before for a chat thats not a problem. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your newborn photographer. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!
contact me at email@example.com to book your newborn baby photos in my London studio