Cake smash photography is a great way to celebrate your little ones 1st birthday. Cake smash sessions have become a lot more popular now as they are very different to a normal photoshoots. The set ups can be so cute, like this lion king one here! When photographing a cake smash session I always start by taking a few photos without the cake at first, this way you have a good selection of photos to choose from. When you book your cake smash session it’s best to book it for when your little one is 1 years old. These sessions can take place at 2 years as well, but at this age I do find that it can be a bit more difficult as they sometimes try to run around and don’t want to stay in the photos.
How to book your cake smash session
- We will arrange a date and time for your cake smash photos that is best for your little one
- I will send you over the booking form which you can state which theme/colours you prefer for your session
- A deposit is then required to secure your booking. The deposit will be deducted from the package you purchase
- I will supply all of the decorations, all you need to do is bring the cake and the outfit you could like your child to be in
- two weeks after your cake smash session you will be able to view your edited images and decide which package you would like to purchase
I was so excited when Kyles mum said she wanted a Lion king themed cake smash session! We discussed the theme and colours and then I created the cake smash theme below. I had so much fun looking for cake smash props and decorations. We had a big green cake to match the greenery background and kyle got very messy!
Here’s a few of my favourite photos from Kyles session!
Looking to book in some cake smash photos? Contact me at email@example.com to book your cake smash photoshoot
Feel free you give me a call or email if you would like to book in a cake smash photography session in London. If you would like to pop into my studio before for a chat thats not a problem. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your photographer. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!