Newborn photography has become quite popular these days but you might not have even thought it was something you would like to do. Then your baby arrives and all you want to do is capture every moment! Our bodies are amazing, we can create these tiny little humans inside of us. 9 Months of waiting to meet them, wondering what they will look like, be like, feel like and they are all of a sudden so quickly here with you. A newborn photoshoot can be a great experience to capture those first days of your baby being a newborn.
You will also get the chance to be in the photos with your newborn as a family. I can’t imagine as a new mum or dad after giving birth and the sleepless nights that being in the newborn photos would be your first choice but trust me, these family photos at the beginning with your newborn will be so precious to you!
Things to think about when booking in a newborn shoot
- Are you looking for a local newborn photographer or are you ok to travel to them if you find someones photos you love
- Do you want a home newborn session or a studio newborn session
- Make sure you have checked all the newborn packages and prices. You want to know what you are definitely paying for and what you are getting for that price
- If you have other children would you like them to be in the photos as well. I love taking sibling photos, they are adorable!
- Book your newborn photoshoot within plenty of time as a lot of newborn photographers get booked up. Myself, like many photographers book a certain amount of newborn sessions a month to allow for early and late babies.
Once you have found your newborn photographer and know you would love to book a newborn shoot, contact them and book in 😊 You can find all of my pricing here and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding how the newborn sessions work. I have been photographing newborns for over 5 years now and love that I get to create these memories for you!
How to secure a session
- I will book you in for your newborn photoshoot for the month of your due date. You will then let me know once the baby has arrived and you will come in for your session within 2 weeks of the birth
- In order to secure a newborn spot you need to have paid a £95 deposit. This will be taken off from your chosen newborn package
- The actual newborn session will last about 3 hours, this allows time for feeding and settling the baby. However I don’t stick to a strict time frame and all newborn sessions are different
- Your edited newborn photos will be ready about 2 weeks after your session, this is when you can decide on your chosen package
I love every single newborn session, every baby is always so different and has their own little personalty. Capturing all the newborn details in the first couple of weeks is so precious 😊
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGE WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT WITH ME?
Feel free you give me a call or email if you are looking for a newborn baby photo shoot in London. If you would like to pop into my studio before for a chat thats not a problem. I am a newborn photographer based in Barnet North London. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your London newborn photographer. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!