Booking in your newborn session can be enough research as it is. Preparing for your photography session can take some stress off for the actual day. During the actual session you should be able to sit back and relax and let me do all the work apart from when your baby needs a feed.
5 tips for Preparing for a newborn session
- Feed your baby before the session – Generally a newborn session will take about 3 hours. Newborns tend to feed every 2-3 hours but that being said, we all know newborn babies do not let you have a schedule when it comes to feeding. Some times a baby will sleep through a whole session and others will be cluster feeding. If you live far away, you can feed your baby at my studio once you get there.
- Bring your baby in a loose baby grow that is easy to take off – Quite often I get parents come to their sessions with their newborn dressed in an outfit that is very fiddly to take off. This can disrupt the baby a lot if they are sleepy.
- Bring a pacifier/dummy if you use one – Even if you are not sure whether to bring one. It can really help in between poses, the comfort of just sucking on something. Not having to move the baby can really help a newborn session flow work better.
- Bring extra nappies and extra milk – I have nappies in my studio but its always good to bring extra than you think you would need, just incase. If you are bottle feeding its a good idea to bring extra milk as well.
- Bring things you would like in the photos – If you have any scans or gifts that you would like to have in the photos bring them along! I love incorporating these into your photos during your photography session
I hope these 5 tips have helped you to prepare for your newborn session. You can have a look through all my Newborn galleries here.
Looking to book in a newborn session? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your Newborn/baby photography or Maternity sessions.
Feel free you give me a call or email if you would like to book a newborn photography session. If you would like to pop into my studio before for a chat thats not a problem. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your photographer. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!