Have you just found out you are pregnant and are wondering what is the best age for a newborn photoshoot? Newborn photography is such a great experience to treasure those memories of becoming a newborn parent. It’s been 9 long months leading up to your beautiful little baby coming into the world. Those little feet, chubby cheeks and cute toes, all you will want to do is look at your little newborn all day! Everyones pregnancy journey is different and this is something you might not think about until your baby has arrived. If possible it is best to prebook your newborn shoot as then you know your newborn photographer will definitely be able to fit you in within the best time frame and you would have secured a spot.
What is the best age for a newborn photoshoot?
I find that the best time for photographing a newborn is when they are under 2 weeks of age. Here are some reasons why booking in your newborn photoshoot within the first 2 weeks of birth is generally the best time.
- Usually when your baby is under 2 weeks of age they are still very sleepy
- During my newborn sessions there are a variation of newborn poses that we can do. At that this age your baby is used to being all curled up and warm in the womb so will love being wrapped up and cosy.
- More newborn poses are generally possible under 2 weeks, as the weeks go by your baby with be stretching out more so if you want those sleepy curled up poses they may not be possible.
- As your newborn reaches 3 or 4 weeks they may begin to get baby ache (although I can edit this out 😊)
During a newborn photoshoot there are lots of various poses that we can do. Every newborn is different and not all babies will feel comfortable in the same positions. For this reason my newborn sessions are led by the baby and how they are feeling. You shouldn’t force a newborn into a pose they are not comfortable with.
Thinking of booking in a newborn session with me? Here’s some usual information…
- My newborn studio is based in Sidcup DA14
- It’s a £99 deposit to secure your session and all of my prices can be found here
- My packages include a session on a weekday if you need a weekend there is a £50 fee
- Newborn sessions usually last about 3 hours allowing time for settling your baby and time for feeds.
- I love including family and sibling photos!
- I have lots of beautiful newborn props and accessories and everything that is needed in my studio!
I hope you enjoyed this blog and you now have more of an insight into the best time to have a newborn photoshoot!
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU RECEIVE £50 OFF YOUR NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGE WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT WITH ME?
Feel free you give me a call or email if you are looking for a London newborn baby photoshoot. My photography studio is based in South East London. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your newborn photographer in London. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a newborn photoshoot in London and Kent. Newborn photography covering Sidcup and surrounding areas, Bexley, Swanley, Dartford, Welling, Orpington, Bromley, Beckenham, Greenwich and more!