Have you just found out you are pregnant and are wondering what is the best age for a newborn photoshoot? Newborn photography is such a great experience to treasure those memories of becoming a newborn parent. It’s been 9 long months leading up to your beautiful little baby coming into the world. Those little feet, chubby cheeks and cute toes, all you will want to do is look at your little newborn all day! I will have my studio all set up to welcome you and your newborn, you can sit back and relax while I create some beautiful newborn photos for you!
What is the best age for a newborn photoshoot?
I find that the best time for photographing a newborn is when they are under 2 weeks of age. During a newborn photoshoot there are lots of various poses that we can do. Every newborn is different and not all babies will feel comfortable in the same positions. For this reason my newborn sessions are led by the baby and how they are feeling. You shouldn’t force a newborn into a pose they are not comfortable with. When your newborn is under 2 weeks they will be more flexible, sleepy and usually in general love being wrapped up all cosy. This is why a newborn session happens so early on as they are still so fresh from coming out of your womb where they were so cosy. They havn’t yet started being more aware of their surroundings and stretching out their arms and legs as much yet.
Things you should know when booking in your photoshoot with me
- If you can it’s best to book in your newborn session while you are pregnant. This way it ensures you can get the newborn photos that you want and love. I book a limited amount of newborn photoshoots a month to allow for early and late babies.
- My Newborn studio is based in Barnet North London. All of my newborn packages includes a session here or home newborn sessions are available at an extra charge.
- Your newborn photoshoot will last about 3 hours, these sessions can include photos with parents and siblings.
- Before your newborn photoshoot you can let me know what colours and props you prefer if you have any preferences.
- Your edited newborn photos would be ready to view 2 weeks after your session.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and you now have more of an insight into the best time to have a newborn photoshoot!
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGE WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT WITH ME?
Feel free you give me a call or email if you are looking for a London newborn baby photoshoot. My photography studio is based in North London and I can also offer home sessions at an extra charge. Thank you to all my previous and future clients for choosing me as your newborn photographer in London. It’s such a privilege to create these memories for you!
contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a newborn photoshoot in London